2.04.2010

[Deutschland]

I have yet to blog since my amaaazing three weeks spent in Germany! I had intended to keep a daily blog while I was there, but of course I instead spent every waking moment savoring German lifestyle, rather than huddled in front of a computer. I would love to tell all my experiences and stories, but I don't even know where to begin. My trip to Europe surpassed all my expectations, and if it weren't for a couple of important people in my life, I may have cried and screamed wanting my three week trip to turn into a lifetime in Germany. I'll be perfectly honest, I wasn't excited about coming back home. The lifestyle, the architecture, the love and appreciation for the arts, the food, the beautiful people-- all totally captivated my heart. But most of all, the time we spent in a small town in the Alps called Grainau, will forever be treasured in my heart. I can't get over how breath-taking this earth is. "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place-- what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" There are no other words, really. Seeing the beauty of creation reminds me who made me-- the matchless and perfect King. The same hands that sculpted the Alps, that placed the stars in their places-- these are the hands that made me. This trip opened up my heart again, to life. Fear has constantly consumed me and been my greatest hinderance in this life. As our capacity to know beauty grows, so does our capacity to know pain. But "the redeemed heart always hungers for beauty." So fear nothing, and let your spirits soar. We must remember our Maker. He is enthralled by our beauty.

My travel "itch" hasn't been quenched. It's been fueled. I will return.


"We are amazed in the light of the stars; It's all proclaiming who You Are--You're beautiful."

No comments:

Post a Comment